So, regardless of how busy my Mommy is I have been tagged for a lot of Memes. I am going to combine them all together and make them a Thursday 13. Pretty clever, eh?
The first Meme is the "How I Got My Name" Meme. I am sorry that I am not linking back to the wonderful kitties who asked. It is my concession to Mommy, who really, really, really is having a very busy and stressful work week. But enough about her issues, here is my story...
My name was destined to start with a "P." There was no doubt about this because Puff and Powder were already here and I had a "One Who Came Before" sister-kitty named Payton who was very dear to the family. My name had to start with "P" and when my Daddy first spotted this feral, skinny, sorry-looking kitty in the alley behind his apartment (me!!!), the "I wonder what I can name this kitty" had started - even before my Mommy knew I existed. If you click on my Catster badge you can learn a lot more about this. Anyway, as I started to trust Daddy and it became apparent that I was going to join the family, Mommy and Daddy started to try out names. Here are some examples that did not pass the test - Pumpkin (please, me?, Pumpkin?), Posey, Pandora, Pella, Piker, Puck, Peeker and Pouilly (pronounced Poo-Lay) 'cause that's my Mom's favorite wine. Pouilly almost was my name, but Mommy did NOT want my nick-name to be "Poo." Parker seemed to fit and I would look at Daddy when he said it. Parker it was - but here's the thing a lot of you kitties don't know. My name is pronounced like this...."Paaaakha." Why? Because of a little girl who lived in the apartment next to my Daddy. She was fascinated by me and always would point at me and say "Paaaaaaaakha!" It stuck. And I am glad it did, cause if you knew me in real life, I am a Paaaaaaaaakha. For you kitties in the Boston area, you say my name correctly without even thinking! I love my name. I think it suits me very well. So, there is my name story. Now, for your reading pleasure, the "Seven Random Things About Me" Meme. This is gonna be fun, 'cause I am all about the random. I amaze Mommy and Daddy every day. Here we go!
- It's no secret that we now have a 2nd floor deck at our new home in O Hi O. But what you don't know is that when I am allowed to go out there I meow with pleasure for about a full minute and roll and sharpen my claws in ecstasy. It's quite a little show I put on and always makes mommy and Daddy smile.
- I'm a soft purrer. Hardly can hear me. So soft. So quiet. But I purr.
- Tummy rubs? Bring 'em on! I don't attack you, I don't resist, I submit to the rub. Love 'em!
- I tolerate my feline siblings. Sorry, that's the best I can say. I tolerate them. I am not a kitty who snuggles with my sibs. Rudy is a bully at times and Puff is a priss. Powder is so shy and teeny-tiny that I am afraid I'll hurt her.
- I high-five for treats. It's the only trick I know on a consistent basis. But I have it down to a science!
- I MUST sleep next to Daddy's head ON HIS PILLOW every night. This is not negotiable.
- I had five kittens before I became formerly feral. I brought every one of them to Daddy's apartment while I was feral so that we would all be safe on his porch. (They were all spayed and neutered and adopted to great homes). I was spayed with my kittens at the same time. Daddy got a group discount.
- I can count and know this is number 8. If you have not noticed, My eyes are 2 different colors. Blue and gold. Mommy calls me her Meeeeechigan kitty. My hearing is fine, thanks for wondering about that!
- My meow is very unique. It is loud and sharp. You can't ignore it. Ever.
- Oh, and my fur? So silky your hands slips off of it when you pet me!
- I have a crush on Tripper - I like guy cats who are "on the edge." Must be my feral upbringing!
- Last, but not least - I am a formerly feral cat in the truest sense of the definition. I can tell you, having a forever home and staying inside...it's waaaaaaaay better than the freedom I had as a feral. I love my home and I love my life. AND - I love all of my bloggy friends.
Thanks for the tags kitties - and smooches to all of you!