In eight days Mommy will be home for a visit. That's a lot of sleeps from now, so to make myself feel closer to Mommy and for her to feel closer to me, here's 13 things about my Mommy.
- She was VERY allergic to cats and rabbits till she was 19. She always loved cats, but couldn't touch them. One day she got near her friends 3 cats and her throat didn't swell up anymore.
- She got her first cat very soon after - T-Gray, the first "One Who Came Before."
- She works in Behavioral Health Care. She is a Social Worker by training and she helps lots of hospitals help sick people by teaching them how to run inpatient units.
- She travels. A Lot. An awful lot!
- She and Daddy will be married 9 years next month.
- She was adopted at 6 weeks old.
- Both her Mommy and Daddy have passed away, she was an only child.
- She is originally from the mitten state. Lions and Tigers and Pistons rule!
- Mommy loves Motown music! Trust me, when she's home it's the Temptations (not the treats!), the Four Tops, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye...well, you get the idea.
- She makes GREAT egg salad.
- She was a vegetarian until she was diagnosed with Diabetes 3 years ago. It's very, very hard to be Diabetic AND a vegetarian. She used to say, "I won't eat it if it had a face." She now claims to be the world's guiltiest carnivore.
- She is addicted to Diet Coke/Coke Zero and CAN tell the difference between Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi.
- She loves me and my siblings and my Daddy very, very much.
Bonus "thing" - If she had it to so all over again, she would have been a vet.